Posted on: 7 January 2015
If you are planning on taking a trip that is going to last for more than a few days, you will want to make sure that your cat is well-cared for while you are away. There are a couple of options that you can take to make sure that your cat gets proper care. You can have someone come to your home to care for your cat or you can bring it to a boarding facility. Here are the benefits to each of these methods to help you decide which way would better suit your specific needs,
A boarding facility will need an advance appointment to ensure accommodations and you will need to drop off and pick up your cat. Your cat will be cared for by trained professionals at all times and there will always be someone available to care for your cat in case of an emergency situation. Here are some more benefits to using a boarding facility to take care of your cat for you while you are away.
- Medicine will be able to be administered according to your specifications. This is especially comforting if your cat requires medication several times a day.
- Your cat will not be bored or lonely by sitting home alone. Someone will be available to talk to and pet your cat daily.
- Your cat will not be hungry or thirsty when waiting for your pet sitter to arrive for care. There will always be someone around to feed your cat.
- Your cat will have the advantage of being able to be seen by a veterinarian if there is a medical emergency. Someone is available 24 hours a day to handle a crisis if one were to occur.
- Many cat boarding facilities come equipped with many things that cats enjoy such as scratching posts, comfortable bedding areas, windows to look outdoors, cat-friendly plants and cat toys.
Hiring A Pet Sitter
You may know someone who can come to look after your pet while you are away. If you do not have a trusted person available, however, you can hire a pet sitting service to have someone come to your home to take care of your pet. This will allow your cat to stay in the comfort of its home while you are away. Additional benefits include
- There will not be other animals in or around your cat's area. Cats can get anxious when around strange animals.
- They will have individualized attention and will not have to wait for other pets to be taken care of before they are.
- Your cat's routine will stay closer to normal as it will not need to adapt to the schedule at a facility.